Cafe Number 7 is hiring a full time catering manager!
Location: 7 Princes Pavement, Birkenhead
Hours: Full time (37.5 hours per week)
Wage: £21,000 per annum
About Café Number 7
Café Number 7 is a new project developed by Feeding Birkenhead- a coalition of community organisations chaired by Frank Field MP with the mission to eliminate hunger in the UK. The shop is an innovative model of Citizens’ Supermarket which seeks to ensure that everyone can access affordable and good quality food, while also receiving a vital wraparound support service, which includes a wide range of professional and community services.
There is an open access café serving hot and cold food in the front, and a membership supermarket selling good quality surplus food at a fraction of the cost in the rear. The supermarket portion is set to open in the coming month.
Job Role Summary
Number 7 is seeking a motivated self-starter who can join the team to deliver an excellent standard of food and atmosphere. The catering manager will be responsible for assisting the general manager with the day to day running of the café and supermarket.
The catering manager will report to the general manager and will work closely with other members of staff, playing a key leadership role in both leading and directing the team in the successful operation of both the café and the supermarket.
- Actively interacting with café customers and provision of a high-quality standard of
customer service and a supportive and empathetic manner;
- Ensuring adherence to all relevant food hygiene regulations, and assisting with the completion of all necessary paperwork, in line with FSA, EHO andSFBB guidelines;
- Overseeing inventory and stocking of Citizens’ supermarket and assisting with ordering and delivery arrangements;
- Assisting with membership management and ensuring that wraparound advice and support is in place and being taken up;
- Ensuring the Citizens’ supermarket and café always runs smoothly;
- Supporting, coaching and leading team of Volunteers;
- Deputising for the general shop manager when required;
- Taking on key holder responsibility including opening and closing the Supermarket;
- Working as part of the Café Number 7 team to carry out a range of other duties
- Previous experience preparing and handling food
- Outgoing and personable
- Previous customer service in a café, other food establishment and/or supermarket
- Experience handling cash
- Quick learner and a motivated self-starter
- Independent worker willing to take on personal responsibility
- Excellent team member
- Experience of working with and to FSA, EHO and SFBB regulations and guidance
- Previous leadership or management experience
- Food safety certification (HABC approved)
- Proven track record of financial responsibility, including banking and key holder duties
- Experience line managing
How to Apply
Please send a CV and cover letter outlining your interest in the role to Kay Penkethman at: Penkay@outlook.com by end of day 14th December 2018. Interviews will be held in the following week.