Feeding Coventry is hiring a part-time Project Manager (contracted)!
Accountable and reporting to: Chair of the Board of Trustees
Contract rate per day: Negotiable per day dependent on experience
Hours: 2 – 3 days per week worked flexibly, with occasional weekends and evenings
Start date: To be agreed with the successful individual
Contract period: 12 – 18 months to set up Foleshill Community Centre.
Holidays and Pension: No entitlement to holiday or workplace pension.
Funding: This position is funded by the Big Lottery Fund
About Feeding Coventry
Feeding Coventry is a small charity with big ambition: to create a food resilience city in Coventry where nobody goes hungry. We’re committed to working with partners and local communities to tackle the root causes of hunger, build food security, provide low cost food to vulnerable groups and support people in crisis.
Now we’re working in Foleshill to bring the community centre back into use. This isn’t just about renovating a building – it’s about giving an asset back to everyone who lives in Foleshill for inclusive use. This comes at a critical time, with emergency food bank use increasing, pressure from Universal Credit and support services struggling to match demand.
Within the community centre will be Coventry’s first ‘Citizen Supermarket’, and innovative model for providing food and advice services. We’re fortunate to have academic and industry experts amongst our members who have developed these proposals and will evaluate the impact.
Job Role Summary
With food at the heart of the community, we’re looking for a project manager to:
- Build relationships with the local authority, partner agencies and the local community in Foleshill
- Manage the renovation of Foleshill Community Centre
- Ensure the sustainability of the project through financial leadership, project management and funding from grants, donations and fundraising
- Implement and maintain efficient systems, policies and practices which support the day-to-day running of the community centre
- Prepare the centre and project for handover to the community upon completion.
By the end of the project we want the community to take ownership of a discounted food scheme, a community café, school holiday hunger programmes, cooking programmes and vocational support, peer mentoring and free, confidential advice. You won’t be doing this alone – we expect you to test and develop these idea with the
community to understand what matters most to them, with the support of the trustees. Feeding Coventry is a registered charity with Big Lottery Funding, part of the the nationwide Feeding Britain pilot areas. We’re governed by a trustees board and supported by a regular steering group made up of partners from across the city.
Please see the Job Description & Person Specification attached, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
To apply, please forward:
- Your current CV including the names of two referees, one of whom should be your current or most recent employer. Please advise us as to whether or not we can contact your referees prior to interview if you are shortlisted.
- A supporting statement providing evidence of your suitability against the criteria in the person specification. The statement should be no more than 2 sides of A4.
- A covering letter explaining why you want to be the Feeding Coventry Project Manager
Closing date for applications: midday on Friday 14 December 2018
Interview date for shortlisted candidates: Monday 21 January 2019
Please let us know if you will require any special provision as a result of any disability should you be invited for interview.