Our partners at Good Food Scotland are hiring a Larder Coordinator in Kennishead. Please see the Job Description below.
Location: 60 Kennishead Avenue, G46 8RN
Hours: 12 hours per week
Wage: £15 an hour
Contract: Fixed term contract (6 months)
Start Date: As soon as possible
Annual leave: 25 days pro-rated
Closing date for applications: 17th May 2022
Interviews: Week commencing 23rd May 2022
To apply: Please send in a current CV and a maximum one-sided covering letter detailing why you feel you are a perfect fit for this role, including examples of how your experience demonstrates you meet all the essential person specifications, as well as most of those detailed as ideal.
- Please indicate your last hourly/annual salary
- Please indicate your earliest start date should you be successful.
For your application or if you have any questions email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Larder Coordinator will: Oversee and coordinate the day-to-day running of a new affordable food larder in Kennishead, providing affordable high-quality food for local people. They will create and sustain a friendly, welcoming and dignified environment and offer wider support for members, including working with local services as required. The Kennishead Larder will operate within the Good Food Scotland Larder Network which is part of the Feeding Britain network, and the Larder Coordinator will work closely with the Good Food Scotland Development Manager and the Feeding Britain team.
- Assume cash responsibilities including cashing up for the larder, recording sales figures and supervising cash handling.
- Plan and monitor larder stock, aiming to provide a wide range of quality food, attractively displayed.
- Working with the Good Food Scotland Development Manager, recruit volunteers as needed for the larder and oversee all inductions, training and ongoing retention.
- Ensure all those working in the larder are valued, supported and have the opportunity to develop their contribution as appropriate.
- Work with the Good Food Scotland Development Manager to raise awareness of the larder and develop excellent working relationships with relevant organisations and food suppliers.
- Ensure all the health and safety and food hygiene rules and records are scrupulously followed and recorded in all areas of the larder operations and meet the regulated standards.
- Ensure cleaning standards are adhered to and work with the staff team to achieve high standards of cleanliness throughout
- As principal key holder, adhere to opening and closing procedures, ensuring health and safety protocols are followed.
- Deliver regular reports to the Good Food Scotland team, including monthly sales, operational summary, staffing and any business development ideas for discussion.
- Ensure the ethos and values of Good Food Scotland are at the centre of all operational decisions.
- Demonstrate a commitment to and enthusiasm for the aims and objectives of the Kennishead Larder
- Self-motivated and ability to work effectively alone and as part of a team
- Experience working in a retail setting, ideally related to food
- Driven to achieve high standards of customer service
- Experience working with volunteers
- Experience working with vulnerable people, including those at risk of hunger
- Cash handling experience
- I.T literacy skills and numeracy skills to monitor and manage stock and cash up the till.
- Community development experience or experience in the third sector
- Awareness of local support services
- Experience of stock ordering and management
- Resilient, able to think on one’s feet to address and solve problems as they arise.
- Innovative and forward thinking
- Management or supervision of volunteers
Interviews will be held in the week commencing 23rd May 2022