According to the University of Sheffield’s research into local food insecurity of adults (Jan 2021), in Bath and North East Somerset:
- 7.10% of adults suffered from hunger
- 11.22% struggled to access food
- 15.58% worried about not having enough food
About this research:
The University of Sheffield have published statistics of UK adult food insecurity at Local Authority scale. You can view the map of measures of food insecurity here.
Hungry is defined as having skipped food for a whole day or more in the previous month or indicated they were hungry but not eaten because they could not afford or get access to food.
Struggle is defined as a positive response to at least one of the following:
- Sought help accessing food
- Skipped or shrank meal
- Gave a reason for not having enough food
Worry is defined as choosing very worried or fairly worried about getting food.